In recent years, Intuitive Surgical has been at the center of controversy with claims they hid more than 700 injury claims, numerous patient lawsuits and new robotic technology vying for FDA approval from every major medical device company in an effort to unseat them as the leader in robotic surgery.
This hasn’t deterred Intuitive though.
Surgeons are still flocking to the da Vinci and helping the company grow. In the first quarter of 2018, Intuitive blew past their projections in system growth and procedure volume.
The most interesting thing is, amid the controversy, the company has kept quiet and continued working hard…until now.
Intuitive released an amazing video with a list of their accomplishments and they are impressive.
- 5,000,000 da Vinci patients (and counting)
- Over 43,000 surgeons trained
- Over 15,000 peer-reviewed publications on da Vinci robotic assisted surgery
- 4,409 da Vinci systems in hospitals on 6 continents and 66 countries
- 4,380 employees around the world
- 2,700 patents with 1,900 more pending
- Used by 100% of the top ranked U.S. hospitals in Cancer, Urology, Gynecology and Gastroenterology
- Every 36 seconds a surgeon starts a da Vinci procedure
- 23 years of continuous innovation
- 5 da Vinci surgical systems